- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
Please add the following as Step 4A in the Parallel Indexing document:
Step 4A: Determine If Files Need To Be Added To Tablespaces
1) Do util a/17/11/2 for the tables and their Oracle indexes in the actual (xxx01) library. Note the value in the first column ("BYTES/1024"). This is the number of kilobytes. Divide it by 1000 to get the number of megabytes.
2) Examine the ALEPH source tables (the tables which determine what fields will be indexed) to see if the parallel library (xxx21) is different/larger than actual library (xxx01).
3) Take the amount of space from #2. If the xxx21 library source table is the same as the xxx01, leave the amount as is. Otherwise, increase the xxx21 table space in proportion to the ALEPH source table.
4) Look in the xxx21/file_list to see what tablespace the znn table(s) and the znn_idx indexes are in.
5) Do util o/14/1 to see if the tablespaces to which the table(s) and indexes will be written have enough space.
Documentation will be corrected and uploaded to the doc portal with the next Documentation package.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013