- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Desired Outcome Goal:
Aleph tables are modified appropriately for a new collection code.
1. Add a new collection code in the ./xxx50/tab/tab40.lng. ( Steps 2- 4 are optional.)
2. If loading bib records using oclc_server or a p_file_9n job, the code will need to be added to the ADM tab_z30, tab_mapping, tab_loader, and tab_loader_def. See KB 16384-36226 ("Configuration files used in loading bib records") for details.
3. If the Collection is to appear on spine labels or other book labels, it will need to be added to tab_label.lng.
4. The following grep can be used to locate other tables to which this new collection code might be added: "grep -i collection *.* " in the ./xxx50/tab and ./xxx01/tab directories. Or choose a common collection code and grep for that code in the same fashion.
5. Restart the pc_server. The collection code can now be entered into the HOL and item records.
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Table configuration
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013