- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
In the Aleph_20.01_ServicePack_2.xls (in the Downloads - Service Packs folder on Doc Portal), "Auto" column:
(a) If blank, does this mean "Yes"?
(b) If "No", do we change to "Yes", if change is required OR do we leave blank? [ <Jerry Specht > ]
The value in this column comes into play when, in version 20-up, you do "util sp":
5. Run SP Utility (view implementation notes)
7. Run Automatic Implementation Notes
2. Run ALL Implementation Notes
3. Run Selected Implementation Notes (as marked in the Excel Sheet)
When you do #2, it processes all of the changes (and does not consult the Excel Sheet)
When you do #3, it uses the Excel sheet and processes the changes with "Yes" or "Y" in the Auto column.
The workflow in scenario #3 would be:
- customer creates Excel sheet using SP Utility, option "2. View Service Pack summary (Excel format)"
- customer transfers Excel sheet to his PC, marks the changes that he wants with "Yes" or "Y"
- customer transfers Excel sheet back to server, into directory /tmp and runs AIN Utility, option 3 "Running Selected Implementation Notes"
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013