Skip to main content
ExLibris
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    Almost All Keyword Searches Get Zero Results After Running p_manage_01

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 18.01

    Description:
    After this sequence of events:

    Installing v18 Service Pack 485
    Restarting Aleph
    Running p_manage_01

    Only about 5% of keyword searches are getting correct results. The other 95% are getting "Search did not find any matching documents".

    util f/1/13 was getting the message:

    Oracle error: handle_connection
    ORA-28000: the account is locked

    This error was eliminated by doing "alter user CTXSYS identified by CTXSYS account unlock; ", as described in KB 7216.

    The www_server logs contained this error:

    illegal term
    aleph_ccl_expr_check_tree_c - illegal expr
    aleph_ccl_expr_check_tree_c failed
    aleph_ccl_expr_build_normal_tree_c failed
    ccl_expr_normalize_c failed

    [This error was also occurring prior to the Service Pack / p_manage_01.]

    We find that the records we resend to the server with UTIL F / 1 / 13 are *not* retrievable.

    Resolution:
    This problem was corrected by restarting Aleph *and* Oracle.

    It's unclear if it was the Service Pack, the "account is locked", or p_manage_01 (or the combination of the preceding) which necessitated the restart of Oracle.

    Note: The "illegal term", etc., message has continued for certain searches even after the restart of Oracle / correction of keyword searching.

    See also KB 8192-4119.

    Additional Information

    manage-01, no hits


    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013