- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
We have a stubborn record that refuses to show up in our Web OPAC, even though it is not suppressed, it went through indexing, and then we sent it again through indexing via manage-40.
It's system #361821.
It is not searchable even via system number in the Web OPAC. It does come up if you use the persistent link formula to find it.
The only thing I can think of is that the record is a larger record - it's for archival material - it has got several 545 fields and many 351 fields. This has caused us issues before, however, this record is not nearly as large as the ones that have caused us problems previously.
It seems that this record should be indexed. As a test, to diagnose this, please do the following:
1. Create a new bib record and copy all the fields from this 361821 *except* the 545 fields. See if it is word-indexed. If so, then
2. Add the 545 fields, one by one, checking the indexing of each as you go along.
3. If you are able to add all the 545 fields and find that they *are* indexed, then delete rec# 361821 and use the new one instead.
[Later:] That worked: the new record came through indexing fine, and then I added the 545s one at a time, and the rec was indexed each time. So we deleted the old one and will use this new record, which is now showing up in the Web OPAC.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013