- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
* Barcodes do not print in Aleph reports (general retrieval report by collection as an example)
* Columns exist for the barcodes, but prints blanks
Switching to Internet Explorer 9 requires a new set of Carolina barcode fonts to be used in the xsl forms in order to print barcodes.
1. In all server-side xsl forms, replace the existing Carolina barcode font names with the new ones.
For example, in the file funcs-split.xsl, replace:
2. Run util i/6 to create print template package for the PC Client.
3. Restart the PC server by using util w/3/3.
4. Restart the GUI
* For existing GUI installations, do as follows:
1. Copy the InstallFonts.cmd file to the C:\Windows\sysWOW64 directory.
2. Right-click the file and select the "Run as Administrator" option.
3. Restart Windows after the installation.
4. Note that InstallFonts.cmd prompts the user to reboot. If the user selects "No", the reboot must be done manually
* For new GUI installations use gui500.exe including the new InstallFonts.cmd
The relevant rep_change including the new InstallFonts.cmd is
Aleph 20: not included, InstallFonts.cmd attached to KB article "RC 003760: GUI Printing - It is impossible to print item barcodes in Win"
Aleph 21: rep_change 77
Additional Info / Related Articles
"RC 003681: GUI Printing - When Internet Explorer 9 is installed" - KB 33690
"RC 003760: GUI Printing - It is impossible to print item barcodes in Windows 7" - KB 34402 - this item has attached InstallFonts.cmd. If the file is missing in the installation you can install it from here.
"RC 000077: GUI Printing - It is impossible to print item barcodes in Windows 7" - KB 34240
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016