- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 22
What is the best practice for running Upgrade Express? A complete test run, and then a refresh of the Oracle?
The normal practice is:
1. an initial run of the complete Upgrade Express for both the Aleph u-tree and the Oracle tables;
2. at the time the extract of the u-tree files is done in step 1, begin noting any changes to u-tree files on the source server so that they can later be remade on the target server (step 7);
3. perform the "manual merges" to reconcile the changed versions of Aleph files from the source server with files which are changed in the new version, including changes resulting from implementation of Service Packs;
5. do a refresh of the Oracle data only (UE steps > 999);
6. run Upgrade Express for Oracle data only (UE steps > 999);
7. remake the changes to Aleph files, which have occurred since the original extract, as noted in step 2 above;
8. re-perform post-upgrade steps (such as util x/7, util m/7, and util i/6) -- if such files are affected by the preceding step 7;
Article 000010919 ("Does Aleph need to be down when doing the Oracle extract/export?") is relevant.
Category: Installation & Upgrades (500)
- Article last edited: 8/21/2014