- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
I am now working on the v20 course reserves and don't seem to be able to get it so that stuff shows up in the OPAC.
1. I am using ABC30 as my test case since it has a lot of stuff in the system.
2. To establish a base line, I used the indexing configuration files from USM30 as my base.
3. I re-ran the set of index build jobs after installing the configuration files -- the output is, of course, in alephe/scratch.
4. What I am seeing in the OPAC is a whole lot of blank entries, i.e., only the item number in the results display is showing up.
5. If you browse ahead (next) you will see more information down the list, but still not right.
6. You can do the same lookup in the Production OPAC and see what should be there.
The necessary abc30 z120/z127 records were in place to make the Union View work, but the URL was displaying in OPAC with "&local_base=abc30" rather than the required "&local_base=u-abc30" as it should have been.
The tab_base entry for u-abc30 had "usm30" in column 4 ("File extension code") rather than "abc30". Correcting this to abc30 corrected the problem.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013