- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
We suddenly had problems creating an invoice from the ACQ module in the GUI. We put in a vendor code, select the invoice number and then when trying to add a line item (the order number) we get first a Microsoft debugging error and then an error message "memory could not be read." The invoice cannot be created.
We ran a service pack (926-1062) on Monday, but there did not seem to be any problems after running the service pack.
Such problems are usually due to a server - client mismatch.
You want to make sure that you are using the new acq.exe file associated with this service pack. This new acq.exe file would have been placed in the /exlibris/aleph/a18_1/aleph/pc_exe/sp_exe/acq/ directory. I suggest that you:
1) check the timestamp of the \ACQ\BIN\acq.exe on your pc -- was it updated by the service pack?
2) copy the \ACQ\BIN\acq.exe on your pc as acq.exe.save
3) manually move the server /exlibris/aleph/a18_1/aleph/pc_exe/sp_exe/acq/acq.exe file to the pc
4) compare its size to the acq.exe.save
We manually redristributed the GUI with new files, which solved problem. Not sure why version control failed, but the invoicing problem is now solved.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013