- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
We are trying to set up automated patron updates from one of our libraries' Registrar system through the xserver bor-update. Using the user XSERACADIA. Sending the xml below through the xserver, the requested updates are done, except for the booking-permission for the ACAD z305 record. Running this same XML through file_20 also does not update the permission. No errors are given through either interface.
In regard to the file-20 xml format, the b_file_20_merge_z305 program does not look at the incoming z305-xxxxx-permission fields. And the sequential format does not include any xxxxx-permission fields.
This is a workaround:
1. Create a new patron status for the status 01 patrons who you want to have the z305_booking_permission Y.
2. Change the z305_bor_status of the records in the input file which have z305_booking_permission Y, to the status created in step 1. (The program will detect the change in status and load the values for this sublibrary/status from tab31.)
Or use SQL to update the z305_booking_permission to Y for the patrons who should have it.
- Article last edited: 6-Apr-2017