Cannot right-click in search boxes
- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
The new Windows control for search text fields in the GUI Search tab of V.20.2 doesn’t support the standard right-click pop-up edit menu. V.20.1 Aleph does support this feature.
This is related to an enhancement associated with combined character support, and there is a parameter in the GUI that will implement the original Windows control with the right-click menu option if you prefer. The parameter is in alephcom.ini, named CombinedCharSupported. Here is how this paramter behaves:
1) When CombinedCharSupported=Y in alephcom.ini (combined characters supported), in the search edit fields you have:
- support for combined characters
- standard Microsoft right-click menu
- no multiple fonts
2) When CombinedCharSupported=N in alephcom.ini (combined characters supported), in the search edit fields you have:
- no combined characters
- no right-click menu
- multiple fonts.
In this case ( 'N' option) the 'classic' Aleph search fields are used. (edit search fields in all versions before 20.1). No right-click menu support.
For the standard MS right-click menu feature in search text field, change the CombinedCharSupported parameter to 'Y'.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013