Checking presence of subfield depending on indicator value
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
We'd like Aleph to check and report, in a non-blocking way, the absence of subfield $$2 when second indicator of field 655 is a '7'. We tried to do this via check_doc_doc, check_doc_mandatory, and check_doc_line, but it doesn't work. (We get 'Tag 655 is missing a mandatory sub field "" '.) .
There is no way to configure ALEPH to check a dependency between an indicator value and the presence of a specific subfield. The dependency check when using check_doc_line section "D" is only for sub-fields (and not indicators).
A workaround would be:
1) Run ret-01 to retrieve all Bibs with a 655 tag with second indicator 7, specifying output file “list1”
2) Using “list1” as input, retrieve all those Bibs that have subfield $$2, with From text = A and To text = ZZZ. Output is “list2”.
3) diff list1 and list2 (ret-10). This will give you all the bibs that have 655 with second indicator 7 and no subfield $$2.
- Article last edited: 3-Jan-2018