Configurability of authority control in ALEPH 500
- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
In what ways is the authority control process in ALEPH 500 configurable?
The authority control process in ALEPH 500 is table-driven. Accordingly, the library has complete control over configuration and customisation. For example, the library is able to:
1. Specify the fields that will be subject to authority control.
2. Specify the authority library or libraries against which a bibliographic heading will be checked (e.g., the 100 field will be checked against the LC Name Authority File, the 650 field will be checked against MeSH, etc.).
3. Specify the fields in the authority record that will be displayed.
4. Customise the field labels (e.g., “Narrower Term”/“More Specific Term”).
5. Control the display of notes in the authority record in the Browse lists.
authority control, configurable
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013