- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Changes made directly to the item sublibrary, collection, or call number via the GUI or via manage-62 (Update Item Records) do not work. If made via SQL, the changes can be seen under Items in Cataloging, but when the item (or the HOL record) is subsequently resent to the server, the changes disappear.
X852-ITEM-OVERRIDE is set to "Y" in the xxx50 and xxx60 $data_tab/tab100 (either explicitly or by default) and z30_temp_location = "N".
1. Change X852-ITEM-OVERRIDE to "N" or z30_temp_location to "Y". Note: Propagating HOL 852 changes to all of the associated item records is a great convenience. Setting X852-ITEM-OVERRIDE=N (or z30_temp_location to "N") will prevent this from happening: either each associated item would need to be updated in the GUI or manage-62 would need to be run.
2. Leaving X852-ITEM-OVERRIDE=Y and z30_temp_location N,...
a. Use the file of z30 record keys as input to manage-70 (Retrieve Record Keys), specifying ITEM-TO-HOL as the "Convert Type"
b. Stop the xxx60 ue_01 (there have been problems with leaving this running when jobs updating HOL records are performed)
c. Run manage-21 in xxx60, with the output file from step 2a as the input and specifying the change which you want to be made to the 852 call number subfields
d. Restart the xxx60 ue_01. (This will propagate the changed call numbers to the associated z30 records.)
If the item is linked to an HOL record, the sublibrary in the HOL record it is linked to also needs to change. It's only in the case that you want or need the HOL record to have a different location that that in the item that option #1 makes sense. Otherwise, use option #2.
- Article last edited: 2/10/2014