Does Unlocking CTXSYS Constitute A Security Risk?
- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Does unlocking CTXSYS constitute a security risk?
• The Ex Libris Database staff maintains that there is no security risk associated with keeping CTXSYS unlocked.
• ADAM and Z01X-feature requires that CTXSYS remain unlocked at all times
• If you are neither using ADAM nor Z01x, and would like to lock CTXSYS, you will need to drop the z91 (Full Text Index For Digital Objects) as described in "ctx_sync_error, ORA-20000 and DRG-10502" (16384-306)
• Complete instructions for unlocking CTXSYS are outlined in "ORA-28000: The Account Is Locked" (8192-10679)
Category: System Management (500)
Subject: Oracle (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013