Forcing X-Services transactions to occur using SSL?
- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
1. Is it possible to force all Aleph X-Services transactions to occur using SSL (https protocol)?
2. Is it possible to force specific X-services transactions to occur over ssl (https) (based on specific "op" functions)?
1) In order to add the option of working with X server in SSL mode I perform the next configuration:
Edit $alephe_root/apache/conf/ssl.conf and correct the ssl keys+certificate file locations.
Edit $alephe_root/apache/bin/apachectl and add to the HTTPD command –DSSL
$httpd_bin/httpd -d $httpd_root
$httpd_bin/httpd -d $httpd_root -DSSL
Restart the Apache.
The secure access to the Aleph X services is via SSL secure port, for example:
2. All services are passed via SSL protocol, it is not possible to specify separated transactions
Category: X-server (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013