- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
Desired Outcome Goal:
To install BIAF Label in a Windows XP and Windows 7 64 bit environment. (We believe that Windows 8 and 10 would be the same.)
1. In Windows Explorer select Properties
2. Navigate to the Compatibility tab
3. Select the check box entitled "Run this Program In Compatibility Mode For:"
4. Select Windows XP
5. When prompted, define your current Service Pack
6. Run C:\AL500\ALEPH 20.1\BIAFLABEL\BIAFLABEL.EXE
7. Install BIAFLabel In C:\AL500 (See Additional Information below.)
8. Run C:\AL500\ALEPH XX.X\BIAFLABEL\label32.exe
9. Prior to running BIAF Label, open any GUI module to build the BiafLabel.dat as a zero byte file in C:\AL500\Alephcom\bin
Download the biaflabel software from ftp.exl.de, directory \outgoing\Biaflabel. This is a complete download dialog:
xxxxx> ftp ftp.exl.de
Connected to ftp.exl.de (22.214.171.124).
220 Ex Libris FTP Server v15.1 ready...
Name (ftp.exl.de:aleph): outgoing
331 User name okay, need password.
230 User logged in, proceed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp> cd Biaflabel
250 Directory changed to /Biaflabel
200 Type set to I.
ftp> get Biaflabel.exe
local: Biaflabel.exe remote: Biaflabel.exe
227 Entering Passive Mode (195,37,97,143,102,52)
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for BiafLabel.exe (19144070 Bytes)
226 Transfer complete. 19,144,070 bytes transferred. 112.84 KB/sec.
19144070 bytes received in 166 secs (115.53 Kbytes/sec)
Note: the listing is deactivated on the ftp server: the "dir" command doesn't show this file. And the usage of graphical ftp clients is not possible.
See also the Powerpoint attached to this article (at the bottom) which you can download.
Category: Circulation (500)
- Article last edited: 5-Dec-2017