- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How can you tell which records' fields are valid for inclusion on a particular /form_eng/...xsl form?
[From Jerry:] The "CALL form_fill_xml_record" lines in the ./butil program which uses the form determine which records can be included on a particular form.
Example from b_cash_10_b.cbl:
CALL "form_fill_xml_record" USING
If there is a CALL for a particular table, then its fields can be included on the program's ./form_eng/...xsl form.
If there is no CALL for a particular table, then its fields can not be included on the form.
SI 8192-45926 is a request to have a CALL for a particular table added so its fields can be included on the p_cash_09 report.
One can also check the xmlxsl file that is created. It is not 100% definitive (there are a few exceptions), but it is probably around 99%.
We have created a collection of this information. It is a work-in-progress and should be updated whenever one of us comes up with more information.
Please see: http://www.exlibrisgroup.org/display/Aleph/Aleph+Forms (the EL Commons)
* form name
* a link to an xmlxsl file example for most forms which shows what fields are available and where
* GUI module
* from where the form is run in the GUI (service, button, menu, ...)
* the print.ini function name for the form
The page above this one ("Forms and XSL") also provides some form-related links, such as how to trouble-shoot forms, but this page is the most useful.
- Article last edited: 12-Mar-2016