- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Our users are printing the Order Information report (both serials and monographs). The reports are acq-m-order-info-nn.xsl and acq-s-order-info-nn.xsl respectively.
They want the vendor name instead of the vendor code for this report because the downstream consumers of this report don't know the codes.
Please let us know how to get vendor name in the report.
Steps to get the report
1. Launch Aleph Acquisitions/Serials, go to the Order Search tab
2. In the upper-left, search for any valid order number, or click "Refresh Filter" button to get a list of the current orders.
3. If a dialog box appears asking if you want to see the entire index - say Yes.
4. A list of POs appear. Select any of these and click "Print Order" on the far right.
5. The report has vendor code in the vendor name field. We need the vendor name.
There's no way to specify that a particular expand or fix routine be used for online GUI print-outs. If the form includes fields from the record whose field you want to display, that field can be successfully added to the form producing the report. But, as noted previously, in this particular case, the acq-m-order-info and acq-s-order-info forms contain no z70 tags (the vendor-code they display is the z68_vendor_code).
There is, however, a PowerPoint "Setting up and using Acquisitions-related indexes and logical bases" attached to KB 20163. This document describes how you can use fix_doc_add_order_info to add the (virtual) 541 field to the bib record for inclusion in Word and/or Browse indexes. Then you would search in the GUI on the vendor name and date to get the bib records which have relevant orders attached.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013