- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 17.01
How can I copy bib records from our TEST server to our PRODUCTION server?
Here's how you can copy records from Test to Production:
1. Run the p_ret_01 Service to create a file of record numbers for the records you want to transfer ( -- or do a search in the GUI and then "Save on server").
2. Run p_print_03, specifying "ALEPH Sequential" as the Format ( -- with no character conversion, no fix routine, no expand routine)
3. ftp the file which has been produced (in the $data_scratch directory) from the Test server to the $data_scratch directory on Prod.
4. Run p_manage_18 on Prod to load the file, specifying:
Procedure to Run : NEW
Indexing : Full
No. of Catalogers Currently Working: Multi-user
No Fix Routine, Merge Routine, or Character Conversion.
If you want to copy all of the tables, consult KB 8192-3530.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013