- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
I need help on how to configure ALEPH cataloguing module to work with multiple authority libraries.
We are using Unimarc and this is what we need:
1. When user creates tag 700 in cataloging module, they right click mouse button and system should match data with uni10 to check author in
authority library and create new heading if data does not exist in uni10.
2. When user creates tag 6xx (subject heading) in cataloging module, they right click mouse button and system should match data with uni11 for
subject headings authority checking and create new authority heading if data does not exist in uni11.
Can you tell me how to configure GUI cataloging client to achieve this? Thanks.
1. In order to check if the heading exists in the authorities library, please use the "Search heading in another library (Ctrl+F3)", and set the
scancode.dat file (under pc_tab/catalog) accordingly. For example:
! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
LOCAL UNI01 UNI10 UNI11 UNI12
7#### PER TOP1 TOP3
6#### SUB TOP2
2. To create the new authority record, using the Derive record function, only a single library can be defined.
This library can be set in the library_relation, section AUT, or in the column 3 of tab_fix, next to the fix_doc_new_aut_() program (for version 15 and
Otherwise, if not found in library_relation or tab_fix, the authority library is hard-coded to the XXX10 (adding "10" to the first three letters of the BIB library).
We suggest to use the Duplicate record function (Ctrl+N) in order to place the created authority record into the appropriate authorities library.
multiple authority libraries, scancode.dat, heading, library_relation, tab_fix
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013