- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 19.01
How do Closed Stacks requests work in Aleph?
[From Bas Vat, Universiteit Leiden, on ALEPH-NA:]
You should be able to find enough information in the documentation for instance in the System Librarian Guide - Circulation. You should look at hold request handling or cloesed stack management
It is pretty straightforward to set up, although quite a few configuration files are involved.
The general idea:
- patrons request a book via the catalogue
- a request daemon program [ue_06] prints slips for all requests [see KB 3925 for details on ue_06]
- librray staff use the prints to get the book from the closed stack
- library staff change the status for the request from "requested" to "on hold", this will show up in the catalogue
- patron comes to library desk and loans the book
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013