- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
Desired Outcome Goal:
According to the MARC21 standards, subfield i in the authority-controlled fields usually precedes subfield a. When BIB field is overlayed with the authority heading, the sorting of subfields is alphabetical: a then i. How to keep subfield i in front of subfield a?
1. In ./xxx01/tab/tab_fix, add the "expand_doc_sort" line *after* fix_doc_ref_1 in entries INS and UE_01:
2. In ./xxx01/tab/tab_expand_sort, set up all the authority-controlled fields with "i" in Col.2. As in the following:
3. Restart the PC Server (util w/3/3)
4. Restart the ue_01 process (util e/2 , util e/1) in BIB and authority libraries.
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Authorities (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013