- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
* I would like to know how to block a patron who has overdue to place hold requests.
* There isn't a proper check option on ./xxx50/tab/tab_hold_request.
* In Aleph 20 it is not possible to check for the maximum number of overdue loans defined ./xxx50/tab/tab_block_circ when creating requests from OPAC
* In Aleph 21 the checks check_hold_request_9_a (for checks at the ADM level) and check_hold_request_9_b i(for checks at the sublibrary level) in table ./xxx50/tab/tab_hold_request was added
* see Aleph 21 rep_ver #017743
Description: New check hold routines are introduced. It will be possible to configure these checks in tab/tab_hold_request of the ADM library, as pre/post/circ checks according to the library.s policy. The new check routines includes: Blocks checks (1_a,1_b,1_e), Overdue checks (1_d,9_a,9_b,10_a,10_b), Cash limit checks (5,5_b) and Loan limit checks (4_a,4_b,4_c,4_d).
* Extract from header of table ./xxx50/tab/tab_hold_request
! 9_a : checks the limits defined in 6081 PRE, POST, CIRC
! tab/tab_block_circ (Maximum number of overdue loans,
! Maximum number of recalled overdue loans, Maximum cash owings).
! This check retrieves 2 parameters:
! - block circ table name.
! If not specified, the default table tab_block_circ is consulted.
! - list of charges to include/exclude
! For example:
! Means that all charges except of 0001,0006,0008,0009 will be counted.
! Means that only 0001,0006,0008,0009 charges will be counted.
! If CHARGES parameter was not retrieved,
! all cash charges will be taken into account.
! The 2 parameters should be separated by ;
! For example:
! 9_b : checks recall and overdue limits defined in 6091 PRE, POST, CIRC
! tab/tab_block_circ in item sub library level.
! Column 3:
! Defines which block circ table is consulted. If no table is specified
! the default table tab_block_circ is consulted.
Category: Circulation (500)
Subject: Hold requests (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013