- Product: Aleph, Primo
- Product Version: all versions
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
The Library, for some internal reasons, doesn't want to show on Primo some Aleph bibliographic records.
Is it possible to use some Aleph fields to avoid the publishing in Primo?
In Aleph it is possible to use the proprietary field STA.
This field can be populated with a string such as SUPPRESSED or similar.
To avoid the Aleph Bib records from harvesting and publishing in Primo, it is mandatory to create a logical base in Aleph that contains all the records except the ones with this STA field populated.
These are the steps to follow:
- create a word index on this STA field, for example WST
tab00.lng for the index definition;
tab01.lng in which add the STA field;
tab11_word to put together the STA field and the new index
- to avoid that the cataloguing module creates warnings when a record with STA field is saved on server, modify these tables:
codes.lng for the definition of the field
tag_text.dat to define the strings that can be selected form a menu with CRTL-F8 command
- create the logical base (Tab_base.lng) adding a new line, for example:
XXX01_PUB Aleph Catalog XXX01 XXX01 N wrd=alldocuments not wst=(suppressed or deleted)
- in tab_publish substitue this line:
XXX01-FULL XXX01 N PRM1 MARC_XML
XXX01-FULL XXX01_PUB N PRM1 MARC_XML
- Article last edited: 13-April-2016