- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
In the Cataloging Editor, all the MARC field tag text descriptions say "Not in Table". What is the problem? This is a new installation.
In order for the codes.eng descriptions to appear in the Cataloging Editor, UTIL-M-7 needs to be run. In a new installation, check that the job has been run in the BIB, AUT, HOL, and ADM libraries. After running the util job, reconnect to the BIB library and the text descriptions should appear.
* If this doesn't help, make sure the /xxx01/pc_tab/catalog/codes.eng contains the required tags.
* If these are OK on the server, check that the versions of these tables on the PC in the \CATALOG\LIBS\xxx01\TAB directory have content (and not a length of zero).
* If there are files of zero size on the PC, check the server file /xxx01/pc_tab/catalog/pc_cat.pck to see if it completed correctly.
* If the process stopped before completing, try rerunning UTIL-M-7, reconnect to the library, and check that a correct pc_cat.pck was generated.
Category: Cataloging (500)
Subject: Table configuration
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013