- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
I can't seem to find information on how to use p-acq-27. Can you give me information on this service?
P-acq-27, Replace Vendor - Close and Open Orders and Subscriptions, changes vendors for Standing Orders, Serial Orders, and related Subscriptions within the current budget year (that is, z68_subscription_budget_period = 1).
The batch service closes orders and related subscriptions and opens new orders and subscriptions by duplicating the closed orders and subscriptions, and taking new information from parameters entered in the batch service request form.
Fields that are not copied from the order record:
The following order record fields containing a date are handled in the following way:
- Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-FROM - This date is entered in the new records.
- Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-FROM and Z16-COPY-FROM-DATE. The date entered takes the day and month from the closed order's Z68-
SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-FROM and the year in relation to the Budget Cycle field. For example, if the closed order's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-
FROM is 01/01/2004, it will now be 01/01/2005.
- Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-TO - This date is entered in the new record's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-TO field according to the content of the
closed order's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-TO. If this date is earlier than Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-FROM, then no new order or new subscription
will be created, and the ADM record number + order sequence number + ADM library code will be entered into an output report of non-handled
- Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-RENEW-DATE - This date will be entered in the new record's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-RENEW-DATE. The date entered will take
the day and month from the closed order's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-RENEW-DATE and the coming year in relation to the Budget Cycle field. For
example, if the closed order's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-RENEW-DATE was 01/10/2004, it will now be 01/10/2005.
Fields that are not copied from the subscription record:
The following subscription record fields which contain dates are handled in the following way:
- Z16-COPY-FROM-DATE - The date entered takes the day and month from the closed Order's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-FROM and and the
coming year in relation to the Budget Cycle field.
- Z16-COPY-TO-DATE. The date entered takes the closed Order's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-TO.
The service updates the order log (Z71) of the closed order and the new order.
The service can receive an input file of ADM number + Order sequence number + ADM library or a single ADM number + Order sequence number and produces the following:
- In the event that the Produce Orders Cancellation Letter option has been selected, the batch produces an output file with cancellation letters to
- An output report listing the orders that were not handled and the reason. Here are the possible reasons:
1. The order's z68_subscription_budget_period field is not set to 1.
2. The new order's Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-TO is earlier than its Z68-SUBSCRIPTION-DATE-FROM.
3. The order does not exist.
4. The order is for Monographs
Note that the service does not check the order status. You must not run this service on orders with a status of CLS, VC, LC or REJ.
Help for Each Field:
1. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
2. The names of input and output files must be entered in lowercase, with no spaces or special characters except underscore and hyphen.
Enter the name of a file which contains the order keys (ADM number + Order sequence + ADM library). This file must be located in the $alephe_scratch directory. You can retrieve the orders for the input file using the General Retrieval Form (acq-02-01) batch service.
Enter the ADM number + Order sequence of a single order. Leave this field blank if you have filled in the Input File field.
CANCELLATION LETTER FILE
Enter the name of the file in which the cancellation letters are to be saved. If you leave this field blank, a default name will be used: p_acq_27.can.
REJECTED ORDERS REPORT FILE
Enter the name of the report in which the rejected orders are to be written. If you leave this field blank, a default name will be used: p_acq_27.rej.
NEW VENDOR CODE
Enter the code of the vendor for the new orders and subscriptions that will be created. This will be the code for the Z68-VENDOR of the new orders and the Z16-VENDOR-CODE of the new subscriptions that will be created.
NEW BUDGET CODE
Enter the budget code that will be used for the new order. A Z601 budget encumbrance record will be created for the new order. If you leave this field blank, the budget(s) that was/were linked to the order in the input file/record is used for the new order. If you do not enter a budget code and if the original order did not have a budget encumbrance, no Z601 is created.
NEW ORDER STATUS
Choose the status of the new order. If you want to send the order to the vendor, cho
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013