- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
* We are trying to predict issues to create items for old runs of serials. Start date of some of these titles is in 1700s or 1800s. We are getting error message 'Invalid "From" date' when we enter a date earlier than 01/01/1901 in From Date field on Subscription Form and in Subscription Start field in Order Form. We are able to predict the issues from the holding (despite having wrong date in subscription record) but cannot then mark the issues as arrived. Why do these fields not allow dates before 1901? Is there a setting somewhere that can be changed to allow earlier dates?
* This section of the software utilizes a standard date verification sub-routine.
* In addition to verifying that months fall between 1 and 12 and that days don't exceed 28-31, depending on month, this sub-routine checks that the year specified falls between 1901 and 2099.
* These are relatively arbitrary dates, picked to help guard against inadvertent typos.
* Unfortunately this is not table-controlled. Change would require software modification.
Category: Serials (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013