- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
* The ILL Unit dropdown in global patron information is empty after migration to Aleph 20
* pc_tab_exp_field.lng still contains entries for ILL-LIB
* ILL module is not in use, but the field ILL library is sometimes populated. Updating the Global Patron information gives the error message "ILL library is invalid"
Integrated ILL module has a different concept for ILL units
* You have two choices:
A) (recommended) Remove the "ILL Unit" from the Global Patron information (field z303_ill_library) manually
* Create an ILL library (xxx40)
* Connect to the ILL Library and create z700 records (of type ILL Unit) and the desired code as the z700_rec_key.
* Choose the relevant key of the ILL Unit in the drop down menu of the global patron information. The menu is built automatically from the z700 entries.
Error "ILL library is invalid" (201) comes from file $aleph_root/error_lng/check_z303.
This message is invoked when the check_z303 program looks for a z700 record with Z303-ILL-LIBRARY as its key:
MOVE Z303-ILL-LIBRARY TO Z700-REC-KEY
CALL "io_z700" USING
and fails to find any.
The following messages can be found in the $LOGDIR/pc_server_699x.log
Oracle error: update_cursor z700
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
The tab100 ILL-MODE variable does not exist in Aleph 20, so the check_z303 program *always* looks for a z700 record.
If you are not using ILL, the z700 table does not exist in $pw_library resulting in the above error.
As described in Article 000040326 Oracle error: update_cursor z700; ... table or view does not exist , it *needs* to exist.
Category: Circulation (500)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013