Skip to main content
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    New records are not loading

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 17.01

    [From an ASP site:] New records, whether created in OCLC and exported or created directly in the client, are not showing up in our database. Perhaps the server needs to be restarted?

    The current abc01 $data_scratch run_e_01.6445 log ends with:

    Oracle error: io_z98_update
    ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

    Z98 WRITE ERROR -001001253357000000001

    Oracle error: update_cursor z98
    ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

    * No ORACLE connection - process is terminated... *

    This was at 18:34 yesterday.

    util c/1 showed that the subsidiary ue_01_z0102_index and ue_01_z0102_word processes were still running, but the main ue_01_a process was not.

    I killed those two subsidiary processes and restarted ue_01; and find now that all of the 35 z07 (indexing request) records which were waiting in the queue have now been processed by ue_01. You should find that all of the records can now be retrieved.

    As to the cause of the problem last night ... I find that ue_01 had been running more than three months (Sept. 3). I also find that the www_server, pc_server, and oclc_server had also not been restarted since Sept. 3.

    In addition to restarting the ue_01, I restarted the other three.

    I will consult with other staff here on what our policy should be in this regard and let you know.

    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013