- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
No one is able to reach the Web OPAC from within the library. Instead, one just gets the "License limit exceeded" page. I've seen that before, and still you could occasionally get to the OPAC. Are we just being overwhelmed by users trying to hit the OPAC simultaneously, or is there another problem occurring? The longer this persists, the less likely it seems that that would be the real problem.
The date on our server was (manually) set back an hour for the change off of Daylight Savings Time earlier this morning.
The number of Active www users can be monitored using util y/11:
Licensed users: 0000000015
Active users : 0000000041
Since it has been consistently above 15, I restarted the www_server, and it has been staying below 15.
I suggest that you go through the current www_server_4991.log and if the ip addresses seem legitimate ( -- that is, you are not having sessions started by any spider / robot -- ), then you may want to consider increasing your license to have more www users.
I found that the clear_vir01 has not been running.
This is because the vir01 batch queue has been stopped. (This was seen with util c/1.)
The vir01 util c/7 was getting a segmentation fault. And that there were 1089 clear_vir01 jobs waiting to run (as seen in the ./sys01/files/que_batch file):
-rw-r--r-- 1 aleph aleph 281478 Nov 5 06:00 que_batch
VIR01-ALEPH>>grep -c clear_vir01 que_batch
This is like KB 5167. I emptied vir01 que_batch like this:
> rm que_batch
> touch que_batch
As decribed in KB 5744, you need to change aleph_start so that the vir01 batch queue will start automatically when aleph is restarted. To do that, you change this line in aleph_start from:
setenv QUE_STARTUP_LIBS "usm01 usm50"
setenv QUE_STARTUP_LIBS "usm01 usm50 vir01"
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013