Skip to main content
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    OPAC Browse searches in CRS not producing results after v20 upgrade

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 18.01

    We did a test run of the UE v. 18 to v.20 on our new server. Browse searching of union view Reserves base are not producing any results. Similar searches in the v20 GUI are performing OK, so I assume its something to do with the union view. After performing the two UEs and I then did the post upgrade steps in our nov30 (manage_01, _02, _07, union_01, union_02, create _z127 and enabling the triggers). Searches off of our find-b-abc30 page for INS, CNO, COU, DEP don't produce any results.

    Looking at the abc30 doc records in util f/4 with "U39-DOC expand_doc_course" included in tab_expand, I see that the CNO-n fields are *not* being expanded into the doc record.

    In v19 the abc50 Course numbers have had a course_sequence added to them:

    02 z108_rec_key \
    03 course_number ............ACAD-000-DALKIL
    03 course_sequence ..........0001

    The CNO field in the abc30 doc record is supposed to have this sequence added it, that is, (from usm30):

    CNO L $$a1213^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^0001

    The abc30 doc records have *not* had these sequence numbers added:

    CNO L $$aHIST-308-SFX

    (This should be:

    CNO L $$aHIST-308-SFX^^^^^^^00001 )

    The UE step which is supposed to add the sequence is 1012. Looking at /exlibris/aleph/upgrade_express_1801_1901/logs/log/1012.log, I see this:

    Step begin 1012

    abc30 Started At 02:36:06
    Step end 1012

    The v18 abc30 doc file and z108 need to be restored and the 1012 step run successfully.

    [From site: Reran the step and did the indexing required and all is well.]

    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013