- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
* "Unable to retrieve set of records" message for many (but not all) searches in the GUI.
* "No items found, modify your search." message for same search in OPAC. A list of words appears in the left-hand frame. This happens for searches which *should* have hits.
* In another case, in GUI title search, clicking on "Show" results in the following error messages:
Find : Remote Service Error (C1005 set11) Unable to retrieve a set of records
Browse: There are no records associated with this heading
KB 4456/Article "Unable to retrieve set of records" describes the general situation.No z05 or z110 errors were found in the www_server log, but the vir01 util a/17/14 showed that the z05_id did not exist. We tried doing util a/17/1 to build it, but got a Duplicates error. util a/17/18 could be used in such a case, but, since z05 is just a temporary table, we did util a/17/1 (to drop/create it).
Since the z110 and z63 need to be in synch with the z05, We also did util a/17/1 for those.
That corrected the problem.
Looking at last night's clear_vir01 log, we see the following:
05:00:08 aleph_admin@ALEPH0> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX VIR01.Z05_ID ON VIR01.Z05 (Z05_REC_KEY ASC)
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified
This means that someone/something was trying to do a search when clear_vir01 was running.
The choices are:
1. Running clear_vir01 at a time when fewer people would be connected -- 4:00 am instead of 5:00?
2. Adding entries to the job_list to stop the www_server (and pc_server) before clear_vir01 and to restart it afterwards.
* Article (KB 4110) "What is the VIR01 library?" describes the purpose of the VIR01 library and clear_vir01.
* Article (KB 5737) "Restart Servers from job_list" describes how to add clear_vir01 to the job list.
3. If you want to check the runs of clear_vir01 to make certain that they have run without error, you can cd to $alephe_scratch and enter this command:
> grep ERROR *vir01*
It could be that the www_server activity is being generated by a spider/robot. See KB 6669 ("Stopping bot (robot) activity on www_server")
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016