- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 22
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
1) Staff do not receive all their reports when they activate the print daemon. No error appears in the View Log. No error messages returned from client.
2) Aleph client crashes with “print daemon stopped working” No errors appear in the View Log. Not all reports printed. If about 1 to 3 reports are in xxx50/print ready to print, the process runs successfully; if 4, 5, 6 or more, the it crashes.
3) The following errors appear in popup windows:
* Unable to Find Id: PrintPrepare in File message.dat
* Unable to Find Id: PrintThreadRunStart in File message.dat
* Unable to Find Id: PrintDirectory in File message.dat
* Unable to Find Id: PrintCommand in File message.dat
* Unable to Find Id: PrintSuccess in File message.dat
Corrected by the new printd.exe and message.dat files included in the 22.1.2 (June, 2015) Service Pack (rep_change 2167).
Note: If the 22.1.2 Service Pack has been applied, make certain that the PC in question has the new printd.exe file *and* the new message.dat file.
If the PC's alephcom.ini file has Type=sp_exe , then consult Article 000044610 (see link below) in regard to getting the message.dat file. The new message.dat file can be found in the /exlibris/aleph/a22_1/aleph/pc_exe/sp_conf/alephcom/tab/eng/ directory on the server.
- Article last edited: 28-Feb-2016