- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
Desired Outcome Goal:
Make it so that items with a specific Item Processing Status are ok to loan so the Circulation staff do not need to hit Override on each loan.
Currently, when an item with an Item Process Status of MN is entered for loan, the system responds with a message saying "No loan permission for item" and an Override button must be clicked in order to loan the item.
For the "MN" Item Processing Status, in the abc50 > tab15.lng file > column 6, change the entry to "Y" (Y = available for loan; N = not available for loan).
* Reevaluation of column 7 (Renewable = Y/N) is also recommended.
* The message comes from is ./error_eng/check_circ > message line 212:
0212 L No loan permission for item.
* The trigger for this message is the check_circ_7_a program when the:
1. the following line is present in tab_check_circ:
2. the tab15.lng > column 6 entry for the Item Processing Status and/or Item Status is "N".
- Article last edited: 22-Aug-2016