- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 2
1. What is the recommendations about Archiving mode on ARC?
2. What is the recommendations about backup for ARC?
1. For Archiving recommendations see the following note in "System Administrator Guide", chapter "UTIL O/7":
Note: Archiving is not recommended in ARC, since the data can be recovered by
running the ETL process at any time. Using archiving in ARC will decrease the
system performance, and will enlarge the log space.
2. For general Backup recommendations and policy please see chapter "7.3 Backup and Recovery Media and Procedures" in "System Administrator Guide".
In addition to the configuration backup the following is recommended for the backup of the reports:
a. a regular backup of the entire content store (incl. all relevant data, such as user roles and schedules and report views) is recommended, e.g. once a week.
b. If you do not backup the entire content store, backup at least the 'Customized Reports' folder
NOTE: In this case personal reports must be stored in 'Customized reports' in order to be included into the backup. Reports in 'My folder' are not included into this type of backup.
The backups can be scheduled via the schedule management in the ARC portal.
Subject: ARC Configuration
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013