- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
1. When attempting to print a form in the Aleph GUI that uses an XSL template, the following error displays: "Enter Registration Code" and a field.
2. This message does not display if "NewPrintType" in al500/alephcom/tab/alephcom.ini is set to N.
"NewPrintType" is recommended to be enabled at circulation desks where receipt printers and regular printers are used.
3. If the field is left blank and "Enter" is clicked in the error message, nothing is printed.
When the Aleph version or the PC operating system is updated (e.g. Aleph 20 to 22, or Windows XP to Vista), a registration code needs to be re-entered into the field in the error message box.
1. Locate the registration code that appears in al500/alephcom/bin/htmlprint.ini.
2. Copy and paste this code into the error box.
3. Restart Aleph.
In earlier versions of Aleph (e.g., Aleph 17 and 18), there was a separate bin_v folder for Vista and other newer versions of Windows.
In those Aleph versions, the contents of the bin folder needed to be copied into bin_v.
Now when updating to a new Aleph version, bin is automatically updated and bin_v is not, so files have to be re-copied.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013