- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 16.02
Since restarting aleph we have been having numerous problems:
* in the OPAC, instead of getting the search screen, we get a "Remote service error" or a Local database selection
screen. The www_server log has hundreds of messages:
"Can't open /tmp/utf_files/.../head-4-nobor-sys01' and other repeated utf_files errors for the same file(s).
* I find that I am not authorized to run util x / 7.
* I am unable to stop the batch queue using util c / 3.
* When I try to "kill" the batch queue process (or other processes), I get the message "Not owner".
Why is all this hapenning???
This was the result of starting aleph while logged in as root. It was corrected by:
* changing the ownership of the utf_files, the $TMPDIR and $LOGDIR files, and certain ./files files;
* running aleph_shutdown while logged in as root; and
* running aleph_startup while logged in as aleph.
util/x/7, util/c/3, batch queue process, search screen, utf, $TMPDIR, $LOGDIR
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013