- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
We had a lost item returned yesterday and when the return receipt
was printed, it showed an "A" status rather than "Lost." The Lost
Report this morning showed it correctly as lost. Any idea why this
might happen? The item is 31205000487684. It was billed to (name omitted for patron privacy)
and he did get his credit correctly. There was one other Lost
item due the same day, returned by the same patron, and it showed the
correct Lost status on the return receipt. They were checked in on the
same machine a few minutes apart.
"Looking at the data more jogged our memories. We added the status field a while back to the return receipts at the request of the circ staff. But when I tried to use the z36_status it was already empty ( when we looked at the raw html) because the loan was closing I guess so I had to get the status from the z36h instead. This seems to work right most of the time but sometimes there seems to be a little hiccup. I suppose we should close this as a customer customization problem."
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013