- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 21
We are looking into the SMS Messaging service and whether it would be of interest to us and our users. We are not sure where to start.
We suggest to consult the following documentation:
- Ex Libris Documentation Center > Cross-Product > Technical Documentation > SMS Proxy > SMS Proxy User Guide
- Ex Libris Documentation Center > Aleph > Support > How To from Support by subject > Miscellaneous > SMS Messaging in Aleph.ppt
- KCS article 000001823 (this KB has an attached document with a sample configuration)
Ex Libris is not able to work as service provider for SMS for you. In any case you have to directly contact a provider to get an account for sending SMS.
By default, the SMS proxy supplies two adapters. Each adapter supports sending SMS
messages via one of the following providers:
- SimpleWire www.openmarket.com
- Clickatell www.clickatell.com
Customers may add their own adapter for other providers.
- Article last edited: 12/6/2013