- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 14.2
We are experiencing problems with Z39.50 gate searching of the OCLC and RLIN databases today. Search results returned are for previous searches and not related to the current search. We have cleared VIR01 and PWD50 since this appears to be a problem with logs filling up.
We searched for errors in today's log:.
-rw-r--r-- 1 9013 Apr 24 01:00 vir01_clear_vir01.00078.
The only error we found was:.
Username:SQL*Loader-908: Unable to lock table VIR01.Z52 due to ORACLE error 54
The command "s+ vir01" and then the sql "select count(*) from z52" on your server showed that there were no records in the vir01 z52. The log of the last run of clear_vir01 shows the "unable to lock" error. I ran a z52 load using this command:
csh -f $aleph_proc/p_file_04 VIR01,z52,replace > & $alephe_scratch/p_file_04_vir01_z52.log &
It ran successfully. So whatever was causing the "unable to lock" error is not anymore..
It's unclear to me if this load of z52 by itself is sufficient. You may need to run the clear_vir01 to get the session-id's in the z05/z110 back in synch with the z52.
Check and see if it seems OK. If not, you should do: util w/2/2 (stop www_server); clear_vir01; then util w/3/1 (start www_server). This should not take more than 1 minute.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013