- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 19.01
We are experiencing a problem viewing budgets associated with line items on certain invoices. To replicate:
1. Lookup order ABC1234
2. Click [I] Invoice
3. Click Budgets
4. Receive message "Invoice payment status "R" freezes this invoice."
5. Click OK.
6. Receive message "Budget can be accessed only after invoice details are reported."
I think this is really a problem with the text of the error message you're seeing, rather than a functional problem. This invoice has a Payment Status of R. Here is what's happening with these invoices:
1) An Invoice Payment Status of R is configured (in tab48.eng) to freeze the invoice. This means that updates to the Invoice can no longer be made.
2) When you click the Budgets button on the Line Item Form, the system recognizes that the Invoice is frozen and so reports.
3) The Budgets button is not used for viewing the Budget associated with the Line Item. The budget be viewed in the columnar view at the top of the screen. The Budgets button is used to change or delete the existing Budget transaction, or to add a new Budget transaction. This can't be done because the Invoice is frozen.
4) After acknowledging the message about the Payment Status R freezing the budget, the system displays a message indicating that the Invoice can't be updated. The actual text of this message is confusing, to say the least.
There are two possible remedies for this situation. You may want to use one or both of them. First, you can change the configuration for the behavior of Invoice Payment Status R in tab48.eng so it doesn't freeze the Invoice, if that suits your workflow and policy. And you might make the message that displays "Budget can be accessed only after invoice details are reported" to something more meaningful, like "Budget transactions cannot be changed once the Invoice is frozen" or something. The text of this message resides on the PC in ..\acq\tab\eng\message.dat. Here's the relevant line:
InvoiceNotUpdated #Acq. Administration O E Budget can be accessed only after invoice details are reported.
"Budget can be accessed only after invoice details are reported" likely means that access to Budget transactions on an Invoice "detail" (that is an Invoice Line Item) is only available immediately after the Line Item is created - or more acurately, until the invoice is frozen.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013