- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
1. ./xxx01/scratch/run_e_01_word.nnnn log file grows to > 100G
2. Hundreds of messages like the following in the ./xxx01/scratch/run_e_01_word.nnnn log file:
WARNING: cannot write Z07 for XXX01-000123456. See above io_z07_write message.
3. Unable to search for newly-added records by keyword.
a. Possible space problem.
b. ue_01 running while manage-21 ("Global Changes") and manage-18 ("Load ALEPH Sequential MARC Records") are running.
a. If space problem, add datafile to tablespace that z07 ("Update Doc") table resides in.
b. Stop the xxx01 ue_01 before running manage-21 or manage-18.
* The "cannot write Z07 ..." message is issued by the ./com_io/io_z07 program when it fails in writing (or rewriting) a z07 -- and keeps retrying -- as described in Article 000009828 ("WARNING: cannot write Z07 for xxxyy-nnnnnnnnn").
* The "WARNING ..." may be preceded by the following error messages:
Oracle error: update_cursor z98
Oracle error: io_z980_write
* To send the records which failed to be indexed for reindexing:
1. run ret-01 ("Retrieve Catalog Records") to locate records updated in the problem time period;
2. use the file of record keys produced by ret-01 as input to manage-40 ("Update Indexes for Selected Records"), which will produce a z07 indexing request for each.
- Article last edited: 11/20/2013