Skip to main content
ExLibris
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    Web OPAC is not giving results after submitting parallel p_manage_01

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 17.01

    Description:
    During the process of trying to do parallel indexing (using the abc08 library), the web OPAC was suddenly not producing results after I started step 7 of the parallel indexing process. Since we were having problems with the web OPAC, I stopped the indexing process and reset all the files and tables back to their original state before the parallel indexing.

    We are still receiving no results when performing searches in the web OPAC.

    Resolution:
    Looking in the Production $alephe_scratch, I see that p_manage_01, I see that it was submitted for ABC01 -- *not* ABC08, as you intended. That is why it affected the ABC01 OPAC.

    Also, util a/17/11/2 shows that the numbers of z97, z97, and z98 records are way too few.

    Given the current state of affairs, the best thing would be to start the p_manage_01 running again in ABC01.

    That fixed it. After it was done, the other parallel indexing jobs were run in the parallel library.


    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013