- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 17.01
We are trying to set up word indexes in ABC60 on our test server. We have not run p_manage_01 yet. We first wanted to test a few records to make sure the indexes were set up correctly.
We sent 000840391 to the server; it was (correctly) retrievable only by w-sublibrary = ABCAN. But when we sent 000840392 to the server, it was (incorrectly) retrievable by either ABCLO or ABCAN.
We used p_manage_40 to send 200 records through ue_01, and all of them were retrievable by ABCAN -- even though 000840391 was the only record containing this sublibrary.
Note: the direct indexes (Aleph HOL Number and our Previous-system Number) work fine.
Suspecting that this might be a "bootstrapping" problem with ue_01 and the Word indexes, I ran p_manage_01 on the record range of 000840391-000840591:
csh -f $aleph_proc/p_manage_01 ABC60,1,000840391,000841391,,1 > & abc60_p_manage_01.0116 &
This generated a correct Word index. (Only 000840391 is retrieved by w-sublibrary = ABCAN.)
To verify that ue_01 works correctly now that there are records in the index, I sent record 000006666 (with sublib ABCLA) to the server. A search on w-sublibrary = ABCLA (correctly) retrieves this record (and only this record).
Note: We (Ex Libris) tried to reproduce this problem in a test bib library on our server, but were unable to do so: ue_01 indexed the records OK.
It's possible -- but unlikely -- that this relates only to Word indexing in an HOL library....
We suggest that you keep this incident in mind and, if ue_01 doesn't seem to work correctly in this empty-index situation, that you try p_manage_01 with a keyrange, as described above.
ue-01, manage-01, faq
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013