- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
1. When trying to login, this error displays:
2. When restarting Shibboleth, in the /var/log/shibboleth/shibd.log the following error is displayed:
fatal error on line 0, column 0, message: unable to open primary document entity '<location of file>'
3. When trying to login, in the /var/log/shibboleth/shibd.log the following error is displayed:
Unable to locate metadata for identity provider
The metadata URL of the IdP is not available and the backup file is not located in its path.
1. In /etc/shibboleth/shibboleth2.xml make sure that the file configured as the 'backingFilePath' exists under /var/run/shibboleth/ if only the file name is used or under a different path if it is fully specified.
2. Check with the IdP provided why the IdP metadata URL configured in the line
<MetadataProvider type="XML" uri="http://something.com/metadata.xml"
does not reply.
- Article last edited: 6-Jun-2016