Skip to main content
  • Subscribe by RSS
  • Ex Libris Knowledge Center

    p_file_20 taking longer to run after upgrade to v19

    • Article Type: General
    • Product: Aleph
    • Product Version: 19.01

    When we ran p-file-20 in v17 it took about 90 min. to run.

    On 8/11 (pm) we ran p-file-20 for the first time in v19 production and it took about 2 1/2 hours to run. Last night it took 4 hours to run. The job ran successfully both nights and I looked at the logs and everything looks fine. I checked a few patron records and they look fine too.

    Is it supposed to run longer in v19?

    [From Ex Libris:]
    p_file_20 starts around 10:05 pm each night. Looking at the logs in $alephe_scratch (" ls -lrt *p_file_20* "), I see this:

    -rw-r--r-- 1 aleph aleph 9908 Aug 12 00:17 abc50_p_file_20.00234
    -rw-r--r-- 1 aleph aleph 8889 Aug 13 02:04 abc50_p_file_20.00265
    -rw-r--r-- 1 aleph aleph 8858 Aug 14 00:43 abc50_p_file_20.00290
    -rw-r--r-- 1 aleph aleph 8858 Aug 15 01:35 abc50_p_file_20.00314
    -rw-r--r-- 1 aleph aleph 8951 Aug 16 00:55 abc50_p_file_20.00338

    It seems that the number of records being processed each night is similar, so I can't account for these differences. Other jobs competing with it on the system could be a factor, but I don't see any such jobs (-- at least not in $alephe_scratch).

    [From site:]
    Not sure why it was taking such a long time for p-file-20 to run last week but it has been running normally the past 3 nights.

    • Article last edited: 10/8/2013