- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 18.01
We have a logical base set up to service the provincal ILL system, VDX.
This is what it looks like now: there are 19 ORs and one NOT
MUSEVDX McGill Libraries MGUAF MGU01 MGU01 N (wtp=eresource or wcl=birk or wcl=bldr or wcl=bwood or wcl=educ or wcl=gdoc or wcl=geo or wcl=hlth or wcl=hrmg or wcl=islm or wcl=law or wcl=macd or wcl=math or wcl=mcl or wcl=music or wcl=osler or wcl=pse or wcl=rbd or wcl=redp !1 av) not (wst=deleted or wst=suppressed)
We recenlty created a new sublibrary, and I need to add it to this logical base (wcl=store):
MUSEVDX McGill Libraries MGUAF MGU01 MGU01 N (wtp=eresource or wcl=store or wcl=birk or wcl=bldr or wcl=bwood or wcl=educ or wcl=gdoc or wcl=geo or wcl=hlth or wcl=hrmg or wcl=islm or wcl=law or wcl=macd or wcl=math or wcl=mcl or wcl=music or wcl=osler or wcl=pse or wcl=rbd or wcl=redp !1 av) not (wst=deleted or wst=suppressed)
So that take the count to 20 ORs and 1 NOT.
The header says:
NOTE: maximum 500 characters
! including spaces, maximum
! 20 conditions;
So it look like I will be over the max.
I added the 20th OR on our testserver, and ran Util H_1_10. It didn't indicate an error.
The counts went from:
MUSEVDX | 2392077| No | No |
MUSEVDX | 2396070| No | No |
An increase of 3,993. The Z01012 count for the STORE sub-base is 5,135. The difference could well be accounted for by duplicates across the other sublibraries.
Then I checked to see if the last entry- not wst=suppressed - was still working. It is NOT displaying the suppressed record I tried. So it seems to be okay.
So my questions are:
Has the max been increased beyong 20 conditions? Am I counting "conditions" correctly i.e. they are the operands? Does the fact that Util H_1_10 not complain mean that it is okay?
There is no limit on the number of conditions. The limit is on the total length of the command, which, as stated, is 500 characters.
The header will be corrected to remove the phrase "maximum 20 conditions".
This issue is still open and was escalated to Development for further investigation <2008-02-10 01:00:01>.
From issue resolution: We have analyzed this and the basic limit is not the one of the conditions but the total length of the command can be maximum 500 characters long[1/15/2008 12:46:00 PM Judith Fraenkel]
The header will be corrected.
[1/15/2008 12:46:11 PM Judith Fraenkel]
As duscussed with Omri, there is probably no limitation for 20 conditions. The known limitation is that the total length of the command is maximum 500 characters long.[1/15/2008 12:40:08 PM Yoram Einer]
Final Status: To Fix [1/15/2008 12:46:33 PM Judith Fraenkel]
We have analyzed this and the basic limit is not the one of the conditions but the total length of the command can be maximum 500 characters long. I suggest you also correct the header of the table and remove the line that mentions the limit to 20 conditions (take a look at the description of the issue).[1/15/2008 12:47:19 PM Judith Fraenkel]
Final Status: To Integrate [2/5/2008 10:00:00 AM Ayelet Lin]
A request for documenatiom correction has been sent to Benzion
fix_request v.18 7407[2/5/2008 10:00:52 AM Ayelet Lin]
fix_request v.19 151
v.20 rv 015114[2/5/2008 10:37:59 AM Ayelet Lin]
I implemented the changes and saved the documents to the doc portal and W drive.
[2/12/2008 2:53:14 PM Ayelet Lin]
Final Status: Closed [3/9/2008 7:50:47 AM Ayelet Lin]
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013