- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20
I am using abc50/tab/tab_mapping to create a new holdings record when using file-90.
There are two issues:
1. Why are there two 852s being created when the 049 has only the specified value?
2. Why did the 852 $h and $i not get created from the 050 data in the bib record?
1) I found that you had the generic ###### line in col.1 of tab_mapping, at the end of the listed 049 values. The duplicate 852 field is created because of this generic line. Col.1 of tab_mapping should only contain the 049 values.
2) The incoming file was merged to an existing record. The incoming record didn't have tag 050, while the existing record had.
Even if the incoming record is being merged, the data is taken from the incoming record before the merge, and not after the merge. Problem was solved when field 050 was added to the incoming record.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013