- Article Type: General
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
We find that 10% of our items have a z30_no_loans value which is less than their number of z36h records. Why would this be?
* The z30_no_loans is limited to a max of "999" and wraps around to "000" when exceeded. (See the article, Does Aleph have a limit on the number of loans that show on the item record?, which notes a change in version 23.)
* Converted items could have had a discrepancy from the start.
* Transfer loans create z36/z36h's, but do not update the z30_no_loans. Thus, in counting z36h’s you should omit those which have a sublibrary as the z36h_id (indicating a transfer loan); or, if counting z35’s, omit z35_event_type 56's (transfer loans).
Note: Neither the pc_cir_c0459 In-House Use utility program nor the pc_return_item program updates the z30_no_loans (and they don’t create z36/z36h records either). (They *do* create z35's: z35_event_type 80 for the In-House Use utility and type 82 for the Return-of-item-not-on-loan.)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013